Becoming Son's

When my daughter Christian was born it was the most wonderful day of my life.To see a Life come forth that is a part of you. The mystery of Life in all its splendor.Then this feeling came over me the next few days. Doubt! Not doubt of her or my wife but of me. Can I raise a child. I'm I worthy to be a Father. Will I break Her.I guess allot of men think thoughts such as these when first becoming a father.Now there is the word that hits the mark....BECOMING. You see I knew all the things I wanted to be for her and the ones that I did not want to be. The mistakes that I saw my own father make with me. Well to make a long story short I made some of the same mistakes but I think my wife and myself did a good job raising her. I had become a good Dad. It took allot of work and some very long nights to guide her to the young woman and mother she is today.This was not all pie in the sky stuff let me tell you. Christian made some bad choices along the way but we loved her through them.Most times she suffered the consequences of her choices, others as a Father I spared her them.

Well I started thinking about this word BECOMING. How it applies to me and you today.The Bible says we are BECOMING the sons of God. (John 1:12)So follow me on this. When my daughter was born it was because I fathered her, but as Time and Love and Knowing in the relationship developed I Became a Father to Her. So we have this perfect Father now . We learn to become his children as we find our way. We are born into his family but we have to develop a loving relationship with him. He some times lets us suffer from our choices and other times he spare us. But all in all we Become his children. Our Daily talks and our obedience to his Word bring us into a Father son relationship like no other.


As with my own daughter we can and must come to our Father when we are happy to share some good news or in distress and confusion looking for direction. Some times we just need a big hug. We must develop this relationship to progress into the Family of God. I look forward to talk with my children, as the Father does with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment